Monday, February 22, 2010

Chipmunk for Java

I started working on this project a couple of weeks ago. I was looking for a good (as in good performance) physics library that I could use in Java projects. The ones I found reportedly didn't work well on slower hardware.

The result is Java bindings (i.e. a JNI) to Chipmunk, the 2D physics engine. Below is a demo of it running a simulation on Android Dev Phone 1.


The bindings are far from complete, but I have decided to release the project anyway. Code can be downloaded or browsed from its project page at Github.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what about JBox2D?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.

syxclone said...

I've tried and successfully compile and execute your code on Windows, nice work.
Do you plan to continue to work on this project or it was just a proof of concept ?

Techno Management said...

Can you please provide the sample android code to show balls drawn on the screen?

Leon Yuu said...

Hi all,
Thanks so much for your post.
Could you please post sample code of Android project used chipmunk as your demo.
I am beginner in this, so, i do not know where to start with.
Thanks all,
Leon